Hooray! Today’s news from Disney Cruise Line brings new itineraries and ports of call for 2012. I am beyond ecstatic to see that New York City is added to the list for the Disney Magic with itineraries to both the Bahamas and the New England and Canadian coastline. Galveston, Texas and Seattle Washington are also being added as departing ports.
We’ve traveled extensively with our kids, but nothing beats being able to hop in the car for a quick 1-2 hour ride before boarding the ship and instantly beginning your vacation. I see a Disney Magic sailing in my future as my husband and I are now cruising obsessed as it is the EASIEST way to travel with kids.
You can visit this Disney Cruise site for the full info. I’ve copied some of the itineraries below. Guests can begin booking these 2012 itineraries later this week on Friday April 8th, 2011.
What’s really neat about the New York City itinerary is that it includes a 1 day free pass to go visit Disney World with a park hopper ticket – including transportation to and from the ship to the parks! Sweet!
Here’s the official scoop on the New York City departures:
Beginning May 25, 2012, the Disney Magic will sail a total of 20 cruises from New York – including eight-night cruises to the Bahamas and five-night cruises up the New England coast to Canada plus two-night cruises that will give a sampling of the Disney Cruise Line experience over a weekend:
· The eight Bahamas cruises will include a day at Disney’s private island, Castaway Cay; Nassau, Bahamas; and a stop at Port Canaveral, Fla., giving guests an opportunity to visit the nearby Walt Disney World Resort. As part of this itinerary, each guest will receive a one-day Walt Disney World Park Hopper ticket and roundtrip transportation between their Disney ship and the resort. Rates for the new eight-night Bahamian cruise itinerary departing from New York start at $1,240 per person for a standard inside stateroom, based on double occupancy.
Cruises Sailing from New York, NY
Board the Disney Magic in The Big Apple and sail away to picturesque ports in the tropics or Canada.
- Port Canaveral, FL (the gateway to Walt Disney World Resort)
- Disney’s own Castaway Cay
- And 4 fun-filled days at sea
- Or board a weekend getaway that departs from New York City and goes out to sea for 2 blissful days!
Voyages that Set Sail from Galveston, Texas
Depart the southern charms of Galveston on the scintillating 7-night Western Caribbean cruise featuring:
Cruises Departing from Seattle, Washington
With its iconic skyline and celebrated coffee, Seattle is the launching point for the incredible 7-night Alaska cruise! Explore such ports as:
First-Time Hawaiian Cruise from Los Angeles, California
This special cruise is sure to book up fast! Set sail for the extraordinary beauty of the islands on the 15-night Hawai`i cruise. It includes such ports as: