Another week, another challenge, and another giveaway!
This time it’s all about beauty – and yes my kids – both Kenzie and Kyle – love to toy around with my make up. Plus they love to watch me apply it and request little sampling for themselves – drops of lotion or a touch of of my own lip balm or gloss. It’s simply thrilling to the kids!
Bu the real challenge this is week is how do we teach kids about inner beauty? Both boys and girls?
I certainly don’t know the answer to that million dollar question- it ‘s a big life long quest for us all right? This helps at our house:
1. In our house I do think that fairy tales like Beauty and the Beast open up the discussion on inner beauty for sure – which gives kids a frame of reference to understand these concepts.
2. Talking to our kids. Every day. Really talking. And telling them just how special they are on the inside and how important they are and that they matter. To me. And to each other. The kids love our little nightly talks at bedtime – we recap the day and these moments of love and positive messaging really matters in their day. I think it’s why they never want Mom or Dad to not be home for “tuck in” at night. This daily dose of love really does the body – and the mind – good!
And of course these age appropriate products are so fun from Disney.
Win it! Leave a comment below by November 18th, 2011 to win these age appropriate beauty goodies from Disney!
Here’s some tips from Disney. Check out these tips below on ways to help your kids develop age-appropriate beauty habits:
- Let your daughter experiment with different clothes and makeup and always communicate with her during the process
- Stay connected with your children as they figure out their personal style
- Take a moment each day and let your child know how you feel about them– give positive reinforcement about the child as a person
Enter now for a chance to win this week’s featured products and for the ultimate grand prize – a trip for four to a special Disney Magic of Healthy Living event at a Disney resort! See the official rules for more details and enter here.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post as I’m a Disney Healthy Living Brand Ambassador.
I’m passionate about Disney as you know already – so I’m thrilled to be joining them to promote these Healthy Living challenges. All thoughts and opinions are my own – with some input from my family of course