I love getting red carpet reports on how to achieve the looks of my favorite movie stars.
I’m obsessed with the TV show Scandal starring Kerry Washington so I was thrilled to see Kerry shining on the red carpet at the Golden Globes. If you haven’t watched Scandal yet, you do not know what you are missing! Must watch TV for sure. Kerry’s character Olivia Pope is outstanding and Kerry is a total movie star in the role. I am obsessed with Scandal!
And Kerry rocked her role on the red carpet too. Kerry Washington’s hair, dress, make-up and total style were one of my favorites. Here’s the skinny on just how she achieved her sleek hairstyle using John Frieda products and flawless make-up using Lancome – one of my favorite beauty brands!
Celebrity hairstylist Marcus Francis was inspired by Kerry Washington’s sequined, structured gown. Below please the steps he took to create her sleek and classic look, using products from John Frieda.
Step 1 – Prep
- Spray Frizz-Ease 3-Day Straight Semi-Permanent Styling Spray ($9.99 at drugstores), throughout wet hair and comb through to distribute the product evenly.
Step 2 – Style
- Blowdry hair straight. Take a flat iron and straighten hair section by section–the heat of flat iron will activate 3-Day Straight, to ensure sleek style that lasts all night long.
Step 3 – Perfect
- Smooth Frizz-Ease Secret Weapon Flawless Finishing Crème ($5.99) throughout hair to give a smooth, shiny finish.
On Kerry’s face, makeup artist Carola Gonzalex used Lancome to achieve her flawless beauty. Here’s what she used:
- Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra 24H Foundation in Suede N 450
- NEW Lancôme Blush in Pommettes D’Amour
- Lancôme Color Design Infinité 24H Eye Shadow in Evermore Lilac
- Lancôme Color Design Eye Shadow in Mochaccino
- Lancôme Artliner in Smoke
- Lancôme Hypnôse Star Mascara
- Girogio Armani Lip Maestro in 500 Blush