This is a paid sponsored post for Robitussin. Robitussin was a sponsor of our Mom Mixer event. As always all thoughts and opinions are my own
The weather is chilling and with it comes the season of germs – coughs, colds, and flu. Yuck! We were excited that Robitussin partnered with us on our Mom Mixer event in Philadelphia earlier this month to showcase their line of products to our Mom guests. They created a very informative and fun booth. Whitney and I were impressed with these oversized display Robitussin product boxes. Genius right?
Our guests – and our children – loved toying around with their Wheel of Coughequences. Nobody wants a cough to ruin their holiday!
To help families avoid the “COUGHequences” of cold and flu this season, Robitussin® has a variety of products tailored to effectively treat different symptom combinations. These include:
· New, convenient Robitussin® DM Max liquid-filled capsules – perfect for travel and cough control on-the-go
· New Robitussin® DM Max nighttime cough formula to control cough and help you get the sleep you need to feel better.
· Robitussin® Children’s long-acting cough syrup that relieves cough symptoms for up to eight hours
Moms were able to visit the Robitussin booth to find out why Robitussin® products have effectively treated cough, cold and flu symptoms for more than 50 years, and is doctor recommended and the #1 pharmacist recommended brand among cough, cold and flu liquid combination products.
Robitussin has a variety of maximum strength products to treat not only cough, the #1 symptom of cold sufferers, but also the worst cold and flu symptoms.
Our guests also received these goody bags from Robitussin that included a care package that is just what you need to pull out when your sick – chicken noodle soup and tea. What a cute idea!
The Robitussin website is an excellent resource for you and your family members when sickness strikes. Robitussin created a “Cough & Cold Center” on their website to help patients better understand their cough and cold. Check out the Robitussin Cough & Cold Center here.
Robitussin Coughcast Map of Coughs in the USA
Robitussin also has a “Coughcast” Tool on their website which showcases a Cough Map across the USA. I love checking these tools out when I’m traveling during flu season – luckily right now the map is calm but come New Year’s I’m sure it will sadly be showing a lot more activity!
Selecting a cough and cold remedy when you are sick can be overwhelming as there are various combination products available. To find out which Robitussin product is right for you based on your symptom, visit Robitussin.com to learn more about their products.
Interesting Cold and Flu Facts:
1. Cough is one of the most common symptoms of cold and flu, affecting up to 50 percent of cold sufferers. Prolonged coughing can cause unpleasant side effects, such as chest pain, difficulty sleeping and interference with socializing and work.
2. Did you know a cough can leave the body at speeds up to 500 miles per hour? That’s more than 2x faster than a professional race car!
3. Each year, there are more than 1 billion cases of the common cold in the United States.
4. The common cold is a leading cause of doctor visits, with up to 100 million visits paid to the doctor each year. It also causes 22 million missed days from school, and 20 million lost work days in the United States annually.
5. A cold virus spreads roughly 5 times faster when flying in an airplane.
6. Children suffer from 6-8 colds per year, double that of adults, and cough is one of their most frequent symptoms. Children with colds can produce approximately 140 coughs daily!
7. Flu is caused by influenza viruses that infect the throat, nose and lungs. Most experts think that flu viruses are primarily spread through coughing, sneezing or talking, and people with flu can spread it to others up to six feet away.
8. On average, 5% to 20% of the population gets the flu annually.
Visit Robitussin.com to learn more