Boom! It’s time for the 4th of July and all the BBQ’s that go with the holiday season. I love to celebrate with red, white, and blue festive desserts and treats when entertaining over the 4th of the July weekend. With a little boy with Celiac Disease, we’re always looking for creative and fun ways to incorporate a dessert that tastes yummy and is also gluten free. Take a peek at these simple 4th of July Gluten Free Dessert Chocolate Covered Pretzel Sparklers we cooked up in the kitchen. Super easy but totally fun & a great easy side dessert to incorporate into your menu if you might be entertaining gluten free guests.
4th of July Gluten Free Dessert Chocolate Covered Pretzel Sparklers Recipe
I love a simple gluten free dessert that I can whip together in a few minutes for my 8 year old son who can’t partake in the traditionally “cupcake” or “cake” desserts since he needs to eat gluten free. These chocolate covered pretzels fit the bill! You can pick up all the 3 basic ingredients needed ingredients at your local Walmart.
- Snyder’s Gluten Free Pretzel Sticks
- Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Colorful Red & Blue Wilton Sprinkles
Take a peek how cute these turned out. Super easy to make – honestly you can make a small serving for just one “gluten free guest” in under 5 minutes.
1. Simply microwave your chocolate chips in a bowl for 60-90 seconds until they soften. Then simple stir the chocolate to a smooth blend as shown in the photos below. Then your chocolate will be ready for dipping your pretzel tips to cover them with chocolate. Yum!
2. Sprinkle Red and Blue sprinkles all over your chocolate covered pretzels.
3. Chill your pretzels in the fridge before serving
4. Serve your “gluten free” pretzel sparklers on a white plate for a Red, White, and Blue theme. Sprinkle excess blue and red sprinkles all over your white serving plate to make your dessert look more festive and fun. Plus, kids will love licking up all those sugary sprinkles!
Happy 4th of July!