I recently shared some interesting facts of watermelon, a summer favorite. I thought I would share another summer favorite, strawberries but some great benefits that go along with eating them! Check out these 7 Benefits of strawberries below.
7 Benefits of Strawberries
1. The power of vitamin C ! Strawberries are vital to the production of collagen, which helps to improve skin’s elasticity and resilience. Since we lose collagen as we get older..eating foods rich in vitamin C may result in healthier, younger, glowing skin! #CountMeIn
2. One cup of strawberries: One cup = about 43 calories! plus fiber which helps fill you up. When you fill up on good stuff.. it can help aid in weight loss!
3. Very high in antioxidants: That bowl of strawberries you have, they contain anthrocyanin, which is a powerful antioxidant that protects us from the damaging effects of our environment, especially the sun! ( Perfect pool snack ) The antioxidant power of the anthrocyanins found in strawberries lasts up to 24 hours after consumption; pretty amazing!
4. Reduce inflammation: The antioxidants and phytochemicals found in strawberries may also help to reduce inflammation of the joints, Possibly having post workout in a shake would be a great way to test this out 🙂 women who eat 16 or more strawberries per week are 14 percent less likely to have elevated levels of C-reactive protein (CRP)—an indication of inflammation in the body. Check it out here.
5. Great for mama’s to be!: Women who are trying to get pregnat look for folate is a B-vitamin… and strawberries are a good source with 21 mcg per serving. Folate is necessary in the early stages of pregnancy to help in the development of the baby’s brain, skull and spinal cord, and the folic acid in strawberries may help to prevent certain birth defects, such as spina bifida! #FoodForBaby
6. Bone Health: Strawberries are an excellent source of the trace mineral manganese, which is essential for maintaining healthy bone structure, absorbing calcium, creating enzymes that build our strong bones.. They say milk helps build strong bones, why not some strawberries too? 🙂
7. Shiny teeth: Strawberries can help whiten your teeth.. how cool! The acids in the fruit help to remove stains.
Before I go… I want to leave with a fun fact! strawberries have about 200 seeds on their outside skin.. which is the only fruit that contains seeds on its outside rather than the inside – how cool! 😎
Need an idea to use some strawberries now? How about some angel food cake jars! Delish! Want to see more of me? Head over to Piece Of Cait … see you there!