Travel scoop! Sign me up for this one. Adventures by Disney just announced their plans to partner with AmaWaterways to offer river cruising to families along the Danube river in 2016. This looks like the ideal way to travel in luxury with family and easily access European adventures. We’ve got the itch to begin taking the kids to Europe and Kenzie, my bookworm, at age 9, is pining to explore foreign cultures and visit her Uncle who is working Germany for Addidas.
Adventures by Disney exclusive sailings will take place July 7-14, July 14-21, July 21-28 and July 28 – Aug. 4, 2016. Highlights of the 8-day/7-night adventures include:
- Tour of Mirabell Gardens and adventures through a salt mine (Austria)
- Nighttime Illuminations Cruise (Budapest)
- Horse show at Lazar Equestrian Park (Hungary)
- Medieval activities at Devin Castle in Bratislava (Slovakia)
- Private marionette performance and strudel making demo at Schonbrunn Palace (Austria)
- Falconry show at Hohenwerfen castle (Austria)
- Walk along the tree tops at a unique outdoor adventure center in Kopfing (Germany)
- Oktoberfest event at a local brewery (Germany)
- Themed meals and culinary activities, such as interactive goulash and strudel making Biking in every port
Guests looking for even greater immersion into local culture can add an Adventures by Disney 3-day/2-night pre- or post-stay experience in Prague, Czech Republic too.