Yay! Disney•Pixar’s “Incredibles 2,” the sequel to 2004’s beloved Oscar®-winning “The Incredibles,” arrives on Blu-ray 4K Ultra HD,™ Blu-ray™ DVD and On-Demand TOMORROW November 6th. The Incredibles 2 DVD includes all kinds of extras and bonus features. One of my families favorites is the Auntie Edna short! My kids love The Incredibles and were super excited to hear about the Auntie Edna new short that was going to be included on the DVD. Here’s my daughter Kenzie’s thoughts on the mini movie! I’m sure you and your family will love an Incredibles 2 family movie night this holiday season! In stores this week!
Auntie Edna Mini Movie Review
Kenzie, my daughter, and son love The Incredibles and were super excited to hear about the Auntie Edna new short that was going to be included. Here’s Kenzie’s thoughts on the mini movie!
Make sure to check out the new Auntie Edna mini movie on the Incredible’s 2 DVD for a sneak peak at the hilarious adventures when Jack-Jack stays over at Auntie Edna‘s house. From cloning, going through walls, travelling through different dimensions, and changing sizes to shooting lasers with his eyes and turning into a demon (literally) when he can’t have a cookie, Jack-Jack has every super power imaginable, and somehow Auntie Edna is able to manage him for one night. But just when Mr.Incredible leaves Auntie Edna‘s with Jack-Jack and his new supersuit, a clone of Jack-Jack shows up at Auntie Edna‘s again – and he’s there to stay!
Incredibles 2 Trailer
Bonus Features Included Blu-ray & Digital:
- All-New “Auntie Edna” Mini-Movie – When Bob Parr visits super-suit designer Edna Mode looking for help with his high-energy toddler Jack-Jack, Edna pulls an all-nighter designing a suit to harness the baby’s seemingly limitless powers.
- 10 Deleted Scenes With Introductions – Suburban Escape, Kari Revisited, Return of the Supers, Chewed Out, Late Audition, Slow Day, Frozone and Honey, Restaurant Robbery, Fashion Show and Security Breakdown.
- Super Stuff – From buildings and vehicles to costumes and props, every action movie requires a lot of really cool stuff. Meet the makers and learn what it takes to design and build such a uniquely incredible world.
- Heroes & Villains – A collection of mini-docs about the backstory and major design ideas behind the “Incredibles 2” characters — featuring voice actors, director Brad Bird, and Pixar artists talking about the many elements that make these characters feel real.
- Ralph Eggleston: Production Designer – This short piece explores the many ways a single production designer has influenced the look, feel and character of the Pixar universe, culminating in “Incredibles 2.”
- Strong Coffee: A Lesson in Animation with Brad Bird – Brad Bird’s passion for animation dates back to his childhood and mentorship under Disney’s Milt Kahl, and that enthusiasm and powerful insight emanates from every film he’s made. Take a deep dive into Brad’s early years at Disney Animation Studios and his time at Pixar.
- Paths to Pixar: Everyday Heroes – At its heart, “Incredibles 2” is about family dynamics and the challenges of being a working parent. Meet the parents of Pixar as they discuss their personal connections to the film and their experience with stretching to balance work and family.
- SuperBaby – A documentary/hip hop music video hybrid hosted by Frankie and Paige from Disney Channel’s Bizaardvark. This piece explores how Jack-Jack came to life onscreen — from design to special effects to animation — all set to a hot beat.
- Commentary – Get inside commentary from animators Alan Barillaro (supervising animator), Tony Fucile (supervising animator, story artist and character designer), Dave Mullins (supervising animator) and Bret Parker (animation second unit and crowds supervisor).
- Theatrical Short: “Bao” – An aging Chinese mom suffering from empty nest syndrome gets another chance at motherhood when one of her dumplings springs to life as a lively, giggly dumpling boy.
- Making “Bao” – Director Domee Shi shares her secret recipe for making an animated short — discussing how her rich cultural heritage, unique relationship with her mom, and her love of food all informed the making of the food-fantasy “Bao.”
- Outtakes & Stories – Raccoon Fight Story, Evelyn Animation Outtakes, Puppet Animator Interview, Outtakes Goofy Arms Story and SuperBaby Music Video.
- Character Theme Songs, Vintage Toy Commercial TV Spots , Toolkit Montage and Global “Incredibles 2” Trailers
Note: Thanks to Disney for sending us a copy to facilitate our review. As always all thoughts and opinions are our own.