We give a RAVE review to the Big Apple Circus. It was FABULOUS! My kids were especially entertained and absolutely loved it. Last weekend, our family attended the 7pm showing at the Big Apple Circus on their first weekend touring in the Philadelphia area – it will be at the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center in Oaks, PA, from Saturday, May 18 through Sunday, June 16th. Check out our Big Apple Circus Review for details & a few pics of stunts below. Tickets start at only $15 so search for a great price as every seat in the house is wonderful in our opinion!
Tickets are now on-sale at www.Ticketmaster.com, The regular performance schedule is Wednesdays at 11 a.m. & 7 p.m.; Thursdays at 11 a.m. & 7 p.m.; Fridays at 11 a.m. & 7 p.m.; Saturdays at 11 a.m., 3 p.m. & 7 p.m.; and Sundays at 12 p.m. & 4 p.m. As there are schedule variances, please refer to the most up-to-date calendar at www.bigapplecircus.com.
Big Apple Circus Review – Entertainment Galore!
This single ring circus is performed in a small tent giving it a very intimate and personal feel. Wherever you are sitting you are super close to the performers – they say you’re never more than 50 Feet from the ring and the entertainers….. I would agree!!!! Amazing!
We were astounded by the truly incredible feats performed – from strength to flexibility to acrobatics, we were all WOWED! And the kids were especially thrilled to see these physical challenges of wonder live and up close! A few children were even brought into the Ring to participate in acts which was extra cute and entertaining too.
The trapeze and ladder act were incredible, as was the strongest Mom in the world who literally could hold up her husband!
As for the animals, you can feel GREAT about the furry friends you’ll enjoy and can be confident that there is no animal cruelty. The only animals featured are Big Apple’s beloved rescue dogs, horses and ponies. They were beautiful and entertaining and since everything is so up close and personal, you feel connected to it all! For years the Ringling circus has had a poor reputation due to animal cruelty, especially when it came to Elephants. Wonderful to see it all performed when I took my children years ago, but realizing now that animal cruelty issues were happening I feel horrible and am so glad those acts have been abandoned!
Here’s a list of some of the Acts at the Big Apple Circus:
- The “strongest mom in the world” Virginia Tuells & her husband Ihosvanys Perez in DUO FUSION, a breathtaking acrobatic act that combines dance, strength, flexibility and passion in which Virginia handles the majority of the lifts. Watch their performance on Live with Kelly and Ryan.
- The wildly fun SPICYCIRCUS, created by Andréanne Quintal, whose team of performers will (literally) bounce off the walls in her feisty trampoline act
- THE FLYING TUNIZIANIS, a third generationcircus family presenting a double-wide flying trapeze act for the first time in Big Apple Circus history, showcasing seven fliers & two catchers in addition to the quadruple somersault by Ammed Tuniziani – a feat only successfully landed by 10 people in the world – alongside his wife Estefani, brothers Gamal & Dandino and more.
- DESIRE OF FLIGHT, a daring and balletic dual aerial straps act
- A free-standing ladder balancing act by Emil Faltyny
- For the first time in America, the gravity-defying horizontal juggler Victor Moiseev
Where to Sit? Every Seat is GREAT!
It’s essentially a small tent and with a ring in the center, not some enormous stadium that you’d see at a concert. Every seat in the house is pretty excellent in my opinion so if you are on a tight budget, go for the least expensive seats. If you can get a back row in the front ring of seats, then you’ll really be getting a deal as you’ll be extra close but also save money! We saw Volta with Cirque at this same facility last year, and our experience there was the same – every seat in the house is essentially great, so save the money if you are on a strict budget and need to watch your wallet.
They even say that no seat is more than 50 feet from the performers!!!!
Photos from the Big Apple Circus
Just a few snapshots from our evening at the Circus! Definitely go see it as I’m sure your family will enjoy this magical evening
Tickets are now on-sale at www.Ticketmaster.com, The regular performance schedule is Wednesdays at 11 a.m. & 7 p.m.; Thursdays at 11 a.m. & 7 p.m.; Fridays at 11 a.m. & 7 p.m.; Saturdays at 11 a.m., 3 p.m. & 7 p.m.; and Sundays at 12 p.m. & 4 p.m. Visit here to learn more: www.bigapplecircus.com.
Note: Thanks to the Big Apple Circus for providing us free tickets to review their show to facilitate our feature. As always, all thoughts and opinions are our own.