Double Yum! We’ve got an awesome recipe to share straight from Bobby Flay, who is now working with Kohl’s on an exclusive collection of awesome grilling gear available now just in time for Father’s Day. He’s got all kinds of tips for grilling and a fab line of products that Dad (and Mom!) will love.
We love Burgers and BBQ season as anything on the grill is so easy and delicious. Here’s a special recipe Bobby Flay & Kohl’s shared with us to post for readers. Enjoy!
How To Recipe: Bobby Flay’s Wild Mushroom Cheddar Burger
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 12 ounces assorted mushrooms (cremini, lobster, chanterelle and shiitake), coarsely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 pounds ground chuck (80/20 percent) or ground turkey (90/10 percent)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
1. Heat the oil and butter in a large cast-iron pan over high heat until almost smoking. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the shallot, some salt and pepper and cook until the mushrooms are golden brown, about 5 minutes longer. Stir in the parsley and thyme and transfer to a bowl.
2. Divide the meat into four equal portions about 6 ounces each. Form each portion loosely into a 3/4-inch-thick burger and make a deep depression in the center with your thumb. Brush both sides with the oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Heat a grill pan over high heat. Cook the burger until slightly charred on both sides and cooked to desired doneness. Add the cheese to the burgers during the last minute of cooking and cover with a basting cover or tent with foil.
4. Top the cheeseburgers with a few large spoonfuls of the mushrooms. Serve with the hamburger buns.