What do you do to prevent the flu and protect your family from all those nasty winter bugs and viruses? It’s a giant battle in our house. With asthma kids, both Kenzie and Kyle seem to quickly and more easily get sick than many of their friends so we do everything we can to keep their defenses strong. We definitely all get the flu shot and I’m a huge believer in vitamins too. I figure every extra thing can only help us stay healthier. This Fall, one of my latest tricks is boosting immunity and preventing flu with on the go vitamins from CVS.
Boosting Immunity and Preventing Flu with On the Go Vitamins
Have you ever seen this ultra convenient on the go vitamin dispensers from CVS?? Each dispenser contains CHEWABLE vitamins. LOVE LOVE LOVE chewables. Honestly way more convenient than swallowing pills in my opinion. CVS offers a variety of vitamins in this format. I love this new vitamin option from CVS.
I stocked up on multiple Vitamin C’s and B’s so I can keep one in the car, my purse, and of course at home.
I also personally need to take a daily calcium supplement and Vitamin D. I hate swallowing pills and sometimes find they can upset my stomach. These on the go Vitamin D’s are wonderful for me too. By keeping extra tiny dispensers in my purse, if I forget to take vitamins during my morning rush with the kids, I can easily take one later on in the day when I remember!
Amazing BOGO for only $1 Deal at CVS Last Week
I try to be smart with our budget when possible so last week I stocked up on all our amazing immunity boosting vitamins when CVS had a sale – buy one and get one for only $1. What a deal!!! This saved me so much money since each bottle was about $7.99-$8.29.
Flu Season Tips
Check out these official Flu Season tips from Tom Davis, RPh, Vice President of Pharmacy Professional Practices at CVS/pharmacy.
- Make Sure to Get the Flu Shot Every Year: It’s important to get the flu shot every year because the immunity provided by the vaccine declines over time. A flu shot is the most effective way to protect yourself and your family from catching the flu. It takes up to two weeks for your immunity to build up after getting a flu shot so it is best to get vaccinated as soon as you can.
- Keep it Convenient: To help prevent the flu, CVS/pharmacy locations make it convenient to get the flu shot every day, including evenings and weekends. No appointment is necessary and flu shots are no cost with most insurance. And if you are an ExtraCare member, you will receive a 20% off CVS Shopping Pass when you get a flu shot at CVS.
- Frequently Wash Hands throughout the Day: Touching everyday items like door handles and other surfaces can be difficult to avoid. To help combat germs, wash hands frequently (especially after coughing or sneezing) with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds and avoid touching your mouth, eyes and nose areas. Alcohol-based soaps and hand cleansers are especially effective when you are on-the-go.
- Practice Good Health Habits: Getting plenty of sleep, being physically active, managing stress, drinking adequate fluids, and eating nutritious food are all healthy habits that can help to keep your immune system in top condition during flu season.
- Make Sure Your Kids are Safe: Children younger than age 5 (especially under the age of two) are at high risk for flu-related complications. For school age children, remind them of the importance of hand washing and using tissues when they sneeze. Please note the influenza vaccine is not approved for children younger than 6 months of age.
- If you’re Expecting, Take Extra Precautions: Pregnant women are more susceptible to getting sick, including catching the flu, because their immune systems are weaker than usual. During pregnancy, the flu can escalate quickly and be complicated by infections such as fetal distress or pneumonia. Pregnant women should make sure they are up to date on all vaccines, including the flu shot.
Disclosure: I’m proud to partner with CVS/pharmacy for the #FindYourHealthy campaign. I am
being sponsored by CVS/pharmacy for my posts and activities, but all opinions expressed are my
own, and all product claims or program details shared should be verified at CVS.com or with the
4 thoughts on “Boosting Immunity and Preventing Flu with On the Go Vitamins #FindYourHealthy”
I’m only commenting to let you know of the remarkable experience our girl
experienced reading the blog. She noticed several pieces, which included how like to possess an amazing
giving nature to get certain people really easily
learn certain multifaceted things. You undoubtedly
surpassed visitors’ desires. I appreciate you for rendering the important, healthy, informative along
with easy suggestions about the topic.
Of course Call of Duty Heroes hack is 100% suitable
with your Android version!
s trends that have carried through and generate a real call
for vintage fundamentals in today. The cost of the foreclosure is being added to your mortgage, and you are being told that
you have so many days to cure the default or foreclosure will begin. Connect the HTC
Hero to your PC and copy the downloaded ROM to your HTC Hero’s SD
fantastic points altogether, you just received a new reader.
What may you recommend in regards to your publish that you
simply made a few days ago? Any sure?