There’s nothing I love more than chocolate. I definitely got my sweet tooth from my grandfather, along with my mom. I always have chocolate in the house! But, I am all about that balanced lifestyle that I too like to make chocolate-ish, yet healthy alternatives. For a healthy sweet treat check out our recipe for Chocolate Dipped Tangerines Recipe below.
Much like this fun treat! Chocolate dipped tangerines with chopped pistachios and coconut shreds.
Great mid afternoon snack for the kids! < and adults too, haha! >
Chocolate Dipped Tangerines Recipe With Chopped Pistachios + Coconut Shreds
Here’s what you need: Serves 1 to 2 people
- (2) tangerines
- half of a milk chocolate/ dark chocolate bar
- 1/2 a cup of pistachios
- 1/2 a cup of coconut shreds
- peel your tangerines and place in bowl
- break your chocolate bar and melt in microwave until melted. < I did 10
- second increments until melted >
- with toppings near by, chocolate melted, dip each tangerine melted
- chocolate and place on wax paper and top the tangerine with the goods
- let them sit until chocolate has harden.
The tangerines are packed with so many nutritious compounds, including flavonoids, vitamin C, vitamin A, folate and potassium. Which makes it a great snack for the kiddos, a little bit of chocolate and some vitamin B6, which pistachios abound in for a healthy immune system!
Try this 5 minute snack, the kids will love… and you will too!