Have you heard of the online game Poptropica? Well, now this popular game is now a book series too! My kids are OBSESSED with Poptropica, created by Jeff Kinney, author of Diary of a Wimpy Kid, after they discovered it last week. The brand new book and first in the Poptropica Book series, Poptropica: Mystery of the Map, just hit stores this week. And we’ve got a Poptropica giveaway to celebrate! Entry details below. Hooray!
Kenzie and Kyle aren’t the only kids loving Poptropica as this online game has over 2.5 million visitors monthly too!
The online game Poptropica has endless possibilities in the ever-evolving chain of story-based islands. It was created by genius, Jeff Kinney, author of the uber popular Diary of a Wimpy Kid, so with his cartoon style and fun creativity, you can imagine kids gravitate to this as quickly as they do to his Diary of a Wimpy Kid series. The perfect age for Poptropica is 7-13 — with 9-11 being the sweet spot — which is probably why my kiddos at 8 and 10 are crazy for both the online game and book.
Kenzie and Kyle love playing it – you design your own little cartoon character who then explores various islands (each one is different!) and the kids have to help their “character” cross obstacles to conquer their adventure.
The kids love it because they have to do all kinds of fun actions on the computer and this Mom loves it because it also gets my 2nd grader reading without even realizing it! The game looks kind of like a rolling comic strip and there are all kinds of conversation bubbles continuously appearing which encourages my little boy to read away to play the game. Genius!
Poptropica: Mystery of the Map Book
This new book is fantastic. My 8 year old son Kyle finished it in 1 sitting. This was incredible!!! Like crazy awesome that he wanted to just keep on reading. I wish I didn’t have to wait for September 2016 for the next in the series!!!! My little guy is more apt to want to do anything active – like explore the great outdoors in our backyard or build endless legos – than read a book. His 10 year old sister Kenzie and him even got in a fight over who could read the book – which was a definite first in our house! Kenzie had started it first, but then had to do some chores … so Kyle was curious and picked up to give it a go — but he liked it so much he refused to put it down and let her have a turn reading until he finished it! Even reading in the car after his swim lesson!
Kenzie’s comments about the book:
“It’s really cool and I love it because they give you missions but you don’t have to solve to them – you get to decide what to do and where to go! ,You can just explore and go where you want. there’s these things called common rooms where you meet other people and either CHAT, BATTLE or FRIEND them.
Official Book Synopsis for Poptropica: Mystery of the Map
Poptropica: Mystery of the Map is the first entry in an epic graphic novel series for children available in book stores March 1st. When Oliver, Mya and Jorge take a ride in a hot-air balloon, they crash-land on an unknown island filled with extinct animals and a horde of angry Vikings.
Welcome to Poptropica, an unchartered group of islands whose existence is hidden from the rest of the world. As the three friends embark on a perilous search for a way home, they quickly discover that something sinister is lurking on the island – something that threatens the very existence of Poptropicaitself!
Can Oliver, Mya and Jorge escape the clutches of the bloodthirsty Vikings? Will they discover a way home? Find out in Poptropica: Mystery of the Map.
Poptropica Giveaway Entry Details
Check out our Poptropica Giveaway prize package below valued at over $50. Awesome! Eligibility for US Residents age 18+ only. Prize package includes the new Poptropia Book, Mystery of the Map, plush toy, 6 month membership to Poptropica virtual game and the Poptropica 30 inch inflatable blimp!
1. Leave a comment below by April 15th, 2016
2. Daily Comments as daily entries allowed.
3. Tweet the following for an entry: I’m hoping to win the @Poptropica #MysteroftheMap prize package #giveaway from @ClassyMommy
4. Daily Tweets allowed.
5. Follow Classy Mommy on her YouTube Channel here. Leave a comment to let us know you are following.
6. Follow Classy Mommy @ColleenPadilla on Instagram. Leave a comment to let us know you are following.
Chat on Periscope with Poptropica Creator Jeff Kinney!
Official Poptropica Details
Poptropica®, created by Jeff Kinney, author of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series, is a virtual world enjoyed by millions of adventurous kids across the globe. In the cross-platform game, players explore a growing chain of islands, travel back in time, battle monsters, solve mysteries, and complete many quests that await in the kidSAFE-certified adventure.
- 2.2M web visitors per month spending an average of 26 minutes per session and generating a total of 120M page views.
- 2.5M mobile (iOS, Android, and Amazon) visitors per month spending an average of 24 minutes per session and generating a total of 49M screen views.
Membership to the Poptropica Online Game
Anyone can play the game for free but you an also pay more to unlock all kinds of features. Check out all these membership features. We haven’t officially joined as my kids are just playing for free now, but they are asking to join so they can widen their Poptropica world even more.
- Ultimate Island Access: Be the first to hop onto new islands, complete bonus quests for one-of-a-kind prizes, and gain access to seven exclusive, members-only islands!
- Unlimited Store Access: Design the ultimate Poptropican with hundreds of cool costumes, awesome accessories, and amazing abilities — plus holiday items, special offers, and more!
- More Closet Space: Save up to 30 stylish looks in the Costume Closet, explore friends’ closets, and create new looks based on fellow Poptropicans!
- Build Brilliant Realms: Make up to 20 unique Realms, incorporate elements from all biomes, and share your creations with fellow Poptropicans!
Get Social with Poptropica
- Website: http://www.poptropica.com/
- Book: http://www.poptropica.com/books/mysteryofthemap/vol1/index.html
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OfficialPoptropica
- Twitter: @Poptropica
- Instagram: PoptropicaCreators
Note: This post is sponsored by Poptropica. As always, all thoughts and opinions are our own.
6 thoughts on “Poptropica Book Hits Shelves: Poptropica Mystery of the Map #MysteryOfTheMap and Giveaway”
This would be awesome to win! My boys have always played Poptropica. I didn’t know they had books; I’ll have to keep an eye out for them!
Tweeted here: https://twitter.com/MorningGlory515/status/719557630377615360
I would love to win.
thank you for the chance to win
Guys pay attention to this website homepage.You will come to know that how to convert YouTube videos in to Mp3 or Mp4 formats.Now you can save your favorite one with some easy steps,this instructions is free for you.