I’m super excited to be teaming up with Fisher-Price to review awesome baby gear from their “Mom’s First Year Favorites” Top 10 Must Have list.
If you are expecting or a new Mom, this list is fabulous . Take a peek at the Top 10 Must Have List below here. This list was created after Fisher-Price surveyed hundreds of Moms on BabyCenter.com and they candidly shared what items they couldn’t live without during babies first year.
I promise so many of the items on this baby gear list will be sanity savers for Mom along with also providing hours of both soothing or entertainment for baby -depending on the product. I profess I found many of these items to be gear I could not live without when Kenzie and Kyle were babies -but the item I chose to review was the Deluxe Monkey Bouncer. This is a product I used from virtually week 2 at home until Kenzie and Kyle could sit up on their own unassisted – about the 6 month age time for my babies.
Here Mom’s First Year Favorites Top 10 Must Have Items
Feeding Support Pillow
I profess I found many of these items to be gear I could not live without when Kenzie and Kyle were babies -but the item I chose to review was the Deluxe Monkey Bouncer. The bouncer is a product I used from virtually the 1st month at home until Kenzie and Kyle could sit up on their own unassisted – about the 6 month age time for my babies. It ended up being a product to keep the baby safely entertained and contained whenever I needed my hands free – cooking dinner, cleaning up, taking a shower, etc. And when I had a young toddler and a new baby, it became even more valuable since my time became even more precious to both get my own stuff done around the house and to enable me to play games or do crafts so I could give attention to “Big Sister” while baby Kyle could playfully go-ga away in his bouncer seat.
Here’s a photo of Kyle enjoying his time chilling in his bouncer. This is a walk down Memory lane for me as Kyle is now 4 years old!
He liked his bouncer so much, that we even fed him his first bites of solid food -baby cereal – while he was in his bouncy seat!
And Kenzie and Dad were celebrating with him post “1st” eating attempt!
So what’s the new Deluxe Monkey Bouncer from Fisher-Price like today? It’s priced at $55 and has tons of fabulous features.
Here’s the scoop on product details and what I love best. Yes, some of these points are basic but truly they are so important in quality baby gear you can trust and depend on during babies 1st year.
1. Baby can be safely secured and this bouncer is Plush too. Plush is a big bonus in my opinion – far more snuggly for baby!
2. You can remove the “playful” music bar if you desire – this is a great option for the newborns as you don’t want them to startle themselves since at that stage sleep is usually the most desired for both baby & Mom.
3. You can safely wash and dry this. Hooray! All that spit up gets nasty and stinky. Plus when it’s time to hand this down to a neighbor or friend, it will be nice to revitalize it quickly and easily in the washing machine.
4. Music and Vibrations. 20 minute settings and babes can bat at the little toys too with their feet – and yes they’ll be rewarded with more rattles. Great for building the senses. Yeah!
5. An off switch. Yes – this is crucial – sometimes you might not want the baby to be so stimulated and you’d rather them focus on what’s happening in the room around them. Or you might want baby to nap. And yes, at times Mom just might want to turn off the tunes for her own break.
6. Battery details: 1 “D” sized battery and 2 “AA” batteries.
7. The activity bar even lights up. Another big cheer for this as it makes this bouncer even more engaging.
Win it! We’re giving away this Fisher Price Deluxe Bouncer to one lucky ClassyMommy.com reader. Entrants must be 18 or older and located in the US only. Winner to be chosen at random. Read below to see how you can enter. All entries must be received by May 14th, 2012.
1. Please leave a comment below by May 14th, 2012.
2. Like ClassyMommy on Facebook here and leave a comment telling me you liked our page
3. Daily comments allowed.
4. Hop on over to Fisher-Price’s List of Top 10 Must Have Items and then leave me an additional comment letting me know what your “Must Have” baby item is.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Fisher-Price, but Fisher-Price is not a sponsor, administrator, or involved in any other way with this post. All opinions expressed in the post are my own and not those of Fisher-Price.