Take a peek at our instructions on how to make Kool-Aid Lip Gloss. My kids loving giving out their little tubs of lip gloss to friends too! My 5 year old and 7 year old were impressed with this experiment and I’m sure your kids will also be thrilled with this activity and the lip smacking results. For more inspiration on DIY Kool-Aid projects check out this site where you can upload your own creations too for a chance to win tickets to see and meet the boy band Big Time Rush.
How to Make Kool-Aid Lip Gloss
It’s seriously super simple and only takes between 5-10 minutes to make a lip gloss flavored by Kool-Aid. It’s a really fun party favor or craft activity for kiddos to do when hosting a birthday or holiday party too! You can buy over 50 mini tubs for only $5-$6 like the ones I used here. Truly, adorable party favors for little girls and are just a fun way to get busy and the creative in the kitchen using some regular household ingredients.
What Ingredients You Need to Make Lip Gloss from Kool-Aid
Honestly, this activity is SOOOO easy. Just use traditional Vaseline and select a variety of Kool-Aid flavors to try out. We bought Grape and Tropical Fruit since they were favorites selected by Kenzie and Kyle. You can pick up Vaseline or Store brand Petroleum Jelly and Kool-Aid at your local retailer or online if you don’t have any in stock at home.
Next, buying tiny lip balm jars or pots to store your Kool-Aid lip gloss will complete your project. I used these little lip balm jars in the 5 gram size that I purchased online. You’ll end up with 30-60 little tubs for only $4-$6 – genius! You can use a bigger container, but I figured the kids adore the cute tiny containers and this way they could make a bunch and share them with friends.
Step by Step Instructions to Make Kool-Aid Lip Gloss
1. Scoop out about 1/4 – 1/2 cup of Vaseline into a microwaveable safe dish. The kids can help with this sticky and gooey step too! Just use a spoon and scoop out approximate amounts. I don’t think you need to be totally precise, the Vaseline is a mess so don’t both making a measuring cup dirty.
2. Microwave your Vaseline in 1 minute increments – for about 4 minutes total to melt it completely.Stir it every minute.
(Please wear an oven mitt and do NOT let the kids do this portion of the activity or they will get burned. It’s totally fine for Mom, I just knew I had to be careful since I was dealing with a hot liquid. After I carefully removed the melted vaseline from the microwave I was able to instruct the kids to pour in our Kool-Aid mix to the Vaseline so they could still assist- I just didn’t want them touching or stirring the hot liquid)
3. Immediately remove the melted Vaseline from the Microwave and quickly add in your packet of Kool-Aid to achieve your desired color and scent. Stir in your Kool-Aid and be sure your Vaseline is basically pure liquid at this point. It is very important your Vaseline is basically pure liquid and super hot so that it will melt your Kool-Aid crystals and mostly dissolve these Kool-Aid crystals. Don’t worry if some crystals fall to the bottom of your mixture, as long as the top is all liquid and shaded the color you’d like your lip balm to become, you are set.
4.After your stir in your Kool-Aid and mostly dissolve your Kool-Aid crystals, carefully spoon our this new colored liquid vaseline into your lip balm pots.Let it sit for a 1-2 hours and it will become solid. I think it is important to do this step quickly, before your Vaseline begins to solidfy again. Scoop liquid from the TOP of your bowl of melted Vaseline, as it will be more liquid and make the best lip gloss. . Also, you do NOT want a grainy lip gloss, and I noticed that the crystals pooled together at the bottom of our mixture. The mixture from the bottom of our bowl, made for a brighter color, but who wants grainy vaseline on their lips. Not me or Kenzie!
Our best smoothest lip gloss came from the pure liquid I scooped into lip pots.
Tips for Making Kool-Aid Lip Gloss
1. Think about what “color” your Kool-Aid will turn your lip gloss – reds and pinks will be more practical than orange. Our 1st attempt using Grape Kool-Aid – a taste that we adore – did not look very pretty at all when mixed with our Vaseline base. As it turned out a gross pasty grey shade! I think if I used less vaseline it might have turned out more purple, but after that initial attempt we opted for our reddish tropical fruit flavored Kool-Aid mix.
2. Avoid making a “grainy” lip gloss. Trust me, you do NOT want a grainy lip gloss with chunks of Kool-Aid crystals. You want a traditional “Vaseline” lip gloss. I noticed that the Kool-Aid crystals pooled together at the bottom of our mixture – particuarly the longer my mixture sat after we made it and before I scooped it in the lip pots.
The mixture from the bottom of our bowl, made for a brighter color, but who wants grainy vaseline on their lips. Not me or Kenzie!
Our best smoothest lip gloss came from the pure liquid I scooped into lip pots.
3. Be careful when heating the Vaseline in the microwave. Kids should NOT do this step at all and this entire activity requires adult supervision.
4. Remind your kids that they should never EAT or consume Vaseline lip gloss. It is for external use only to apply to your lips.
5. If your mix smells bitter, dissolve some sugar into your hot vaseline and Kool-Aid mixture. We did not add sugar to our Kool-Aid and melted Vaseline Mix but I heard that this will sweeten the scent of your lip balm. If your mix turns out bitter smelling, this is an option to sweeten the scent. Our lip balm didn’t smell bitter and honestly felt like normal Vaseline but smelled like Kool-Aid when we applied it so both Grape and Tropical Fruit flavored Kool Aid with a small amount of Vaseline (1/4 cup) seemed to be a great ratio for us.
51 thoughts on “How to Make Kool-Aid Lip Gloss”
I made this but I had to melt Vaseline in plastic measure cup in pan of hot water like double boiler.
Then while trying to wash out measureing cup the kook-aide turn my hands red . It finally came off with soap and hot water. Now is it going to turn your lips. I used strawberry flavor
how do you that
is that hard
Lemon might take the koolaid off your hands
Hey! Do you use Twitter? I’d like to follow you if that would be
okay. I’m undoubtedly enjoying your blog and look forward to new
I do not no how to make some well I do but I do not have the ingredeints
You are so ugly
You are so rude!
Hey u UGLY just like ur mom and dad
I was really enjoying this game. I can mention that I had become kinda obsessed with it ;P.
Latest up-date messed up everything for me personally and therefore I quit…
I want to make lip glos but not with the vasalin
use coconut oil instead
Try to make some with cocoa butter..it is firm..”Palmer’s” Cocoa Butter in a 7.25 oz tub at Walmrt…
I wonder could you use shae butter
It’s remarkable for me to have a site, which is helpful for my know-how.
lol not cool
You are not cool
If the individual doesn’t have examples tell you,
I would be pretty hesitant on letting them practice using
your company’s website. It must give you a feeling of urgency,
or make someone wonder who cares you’re talking about.
Search engine optimization outsourcing has developed into a common practice
for most businesses nowadays. In online marketing industry
this can be often called keeping it across the fold.
That is so amazing I have to try it since I have all that stuff for it
Don’t waste your time. Doesn’t work and very disappointing
I have found several things on Pinterest do not work for me on the first try…But, with a little tweaking; anything is possible…”if at first U don’t succeed”……
Me neither.. it separated on me.
The consumer base is more enticed to attain the greatest size because of the game’s leaderboard,
which displays the 10 biggest cells witin tthe online
that is a lot of typing
this is so cool 🙂
i like your name
sup world this is so COOL
I must know….Can you add glitter to the mixture?
Yes. I have tried it. Add to the mixture while it’s still melted. The glitter should still stick to your lips
whitening creams available at cosmetic stores and supermarket.
Based n th author’s wn experience tht s
wll explained n th guide ‘. This home remedy is very useful for making oily skin fair.
Does not seem like it, no. Mods that allow you to zoom out of the screen,
play with friends, and change the background only work with the PC edition.
The 14th version of the China International Gold, Jewelry & Gem Truthful
– Shenzhen attracted 8,683 local and overseas visitors
during the show’s three-day run, ended April 22.
They seen and purchased products from 332 exhibitors
from all over the world in 20,000 square meters of exhibition house from 13 nations, including China, Hong Kong, India and Korea.
cartierbraceletlove You might be fantastic! Thanks!Great blog here! Also your web site loads up fast! What web host are you utilizing? Can I obtain your affiliate link to your host? I wish my website loaded up as quickly as yours lol
bracelet replique love cartier http://www.amourcabijouxtier.cn/
Can I put coconut oil instead of Vaseline?
This іs tɦe perfect web site fߋr еveryone who wants to understand tһis topic.
Уou realize sо mսch іtѕ ɑlmost haгd to argue with
yⲟu (not that Ӏ personally wiⅼl need to…HaHa).
You certаinly put a new spin on a topic ѡhich has Ьeen wгitten abоut for
yearѕ. Wonderful stuff, ϳust wonderful!
you can make it with half a kool-aid packet and 1/4 cup vegetable shortening.
Good response in return of this question with firm arguments and explaining the whole thing regarding
Tried it and was very fun! My daughter and I had fun with it
Hey classy mommy~ I used Pixie Sticks! The kids had more to choose from and could mix two flavors together. Dissolved great. Thanks for you great idea. I got 5 gram pots from Amazon. My class is doing this for Mother’s Day. I always tell them they make me happy chappy and dab a scented chopstick on their right hand. They are learning their right hand, rhyming, creating, and giving. I teach preK.
There are typically two types of polishing – chemical polish and mechanical polish.
So like i have a huge mess of Vaseline to clean up this just makes a huge mess and doesnt really work
Hello blogger i see you don’t monetize your website.
You can earn extra bucks easily, search on youtube for: how to earn selling articles
This post offers clear idea for the new people of blogging, that really how to do blogging.
I can’t wait to try this with my crafty ladies at the nursing home where I work. We are going to coconut oil and sugar free Kool-Aid. I found lip gloss pots at Dollar Tree in the craft aisle for much less.
going to use coconut oil and sugar free Kool-Aid, i meant!
Hello I am so excited I found your webpage, I really found you by accident, while I was
looking on Google for something else, Anyways I am here now and would just like to say thanks a lot for a remarkable post and a all round entertaining
blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to browse
it all at the moment but I have book-marked it and also added in your RSS feeds,
so when I have time I will be back to read much more, Please do keep up the awesome job.
How long does it last? Weeks or months