YUM! This recipe for How to Make White Chocolate Dipped Oreo Cookies for St. Patrick’s Day is super simple.
A friend gave me this recipe and I couldn’t resist sharing it as my kids OBSESS over St. Patrick’s Day. My dad is 1st generation American as both my grandparents came over on the boat from Ireland when they were 18 years old. So celebrating St. Patrick’s Day is still huge with my extended Irish family. I still have tons of cousins in Ireland too! Someday I dream to visit the old family farm as I’ve never been but we still have family living there.
How to Make White Chocolate Dipped Oreo Cookies for St. Patrick’s Day
Super simple ingredients and directions. The kids will enjoy helping too! I profess I melt my chocolate in the microwave whenever I do recipes like this and it works for me. Enjoy!
Below are all the basic ingredients – as you’ll see it is essentially all household stuff or items very easy to pick up at the store. The Wilton candy melts are the only more specific item.
(You could also always melt white chocolate chips from Nestle as well if you can’t find the Wilton melts – I use that for my Peppermint Bark and it works fine.)
What You’ll Need:
1 bag Double Stuff Oreo Cookies
1 bag Wilton White Candy Melts
2 tablespoons Crisco or oil (canola or coconut)
Wilton St. Patrick’s Day Sprinkles or green and white jimmies
1. Melt one bag of Wilton White Candy Melts per instructions on package, using a microwave or double boiler method.
2. Stir 2 tablespoons Crisco or oil in melted chocolate until smooth.
3. Dip Oreo cookies, one at a time, into melted chocolate.
4. Set chocolate covered cookies on parchment paper and top with St. Patrick’s Day Sprinkles.
5. Let set to harden on parchment paper, or transfer paper to fridge for quick set.