Homemade sweet treats for someone special make the perfect Valentine’s Day surprise. If you’re like us, you’d love to bake a homemade unique treat without too many complicated steps….. We found an easy strategy to make homemade chocolates – or even chocolate covered pretzels or Strawberries – thanks to Wilton’s Candy Melts. Simply melt in the microwave and either dip your treats in chocolate and set in the freezer or buy a Silicone Mold Holiday pan like we did and melt chocolate directly in the pan and then freeze to create darling treats. Then package it up in cute boxes or baggies for your favorite peeps! Check out our easy how to idea below in our video How to Melt Chocolate in a Silicone Pan below.
How to Melt Chocolate in a Silicone Pan
Check out our easy how to idea below in our video. Truly, making these chocolates using Wilton Candy Melts in pre-shaped Silicone molded pans was a cinch! Create Chocolates with Silicone Molds in the Microwave
Create Chocolates with Silicone Molds in the Microwave
Truly, this was SO easy.
1. Melt your Candy melts in the Microwave in 1 of 2 ways……
– You can melt Candy Melts all together in one big bowl in the microwave and then pour into your silcone molds OR put 1-2 candy melts in each of your holiday shape molds in the Silicone pan and then microwave your entire pan.
– We put 1 Candy Mold in each heart shaped mold and microwaved it for 60 seconds. Next, I used a stirrer to spread out my chocolate so all the edges were covered in each heart.
This is what it the Melts looked like in our pan BEFORE melting them. You can see that once melted you’d need to spread out the chocolate to perfectly fit the form of the heart mold.
2. Freeze for 1 hour
3. Pop out your chocolates. Prevent cracking by making sure your chocolates are not TOO frozen. If your chocolates seem TOO frozen and like they might crack when you pop it out of the pan, just let them sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes.
4. Eat and Enjoy with loved ones!
Cute Options to Package Sweet Treats this Valentine’s Day
Walmart offers all kinds of adorable packaging options for sweet treats both in store and online. From dessert treat cups to plastic baggies! Almost everything is either just under $1 or just under $1.50. Hooray!