Hurry up Spring! It’s freezing outside now, so I’m fantasizing about summer styles. Kenzie and Kyle are growing in leaps and bounds which means every new season we need a TON of new clothes. I love to shop and without any relatives to pass us hand-me downs, I’m always looking to score affordable, stylish, and cute outfits for the kids.
I challenged myself to see how far I could go with a $100 Walmart gift card in their Children’s Department. Mission accomplished! Look at these super cute sundresses and tops….. Now I just need to book that escape to the islands for February or March so the kids can wear these clothes immediately!
All this for only $95 friends. Crazy right????
Check out our entire Fashion Haul from Walmart in our video here. And yes, I really only spent $95 on all of these clothes!
As you can tell, we scored tons of adorable outfits for Kenzie and a few cute items for Kyle too. I basically refreshed both of my kids spring into summer wardrobes for under $100.
Tips for shopping for kids Spring/Summer seasonal clothing at Walmart:
1. My advice is to buy EARLY in January, February, and March for the widest selection of cute spring and summer threads before everything gets picked over and disorganized.
2. If you find an outfit or brand your child likes and that fits, buy it in more 1 color.
3. The Faded Glory brand for Girls has tons of cute options like the $5 sundresses we purchased. For younger pre-school aged boys & girls, the Garanimals brand is excellent. Think shorts and sweats for only $3.88.
4.. Shop online at Walmart.com if you can’t find what your looking for in store as the variety is vast and inventory is large. I shop at 2 local Walmarts near my home and one of the stores has a far larger Children’s department with lots of options while my other local store is smaller and their Children’s department does not offer a wide selection of styles or inventory. Walmart.com has EVERYTHING and shipping site to store is free too.
Here’s a few more photos of Kenzie styling in her spring clothing. This Faded Glory short sleeved sweater dress is only $11 at Walmart and comes complete with a scarf.
I especially like how versatile so many of these pieces for Kenzie can be as far as mixing and matching tops with skirts along with the chance to pair a light sweater or sweatshirt with her summer dresses.
This black skirt we bought goes with several of the tee shirts we purchased and looks great with the whimsical skull & cross bone pink hoodie. There are hoodies galore at Walmart with all kinds of fun characters or cool designs on them. These were $14 and as you saw in our video have a very warm liner so they can double as a spring jacket too.
Another top that looks great with her black skirt is this layered tank and tee. In the summer months she’ll be able to just wear the striped tank too!
We bought these 2 summer dresses for only $5.94 from the Faded Glory line. These are available for purchase online at Walmart.com too.
This St. Patrick’s Day t-shirt is adorable! By shopping early, we were able to score some cute seasonal holiday wear that will certainly sell out fast. Can’t beat a graphic tee under $5.
As a participant in the Walmart Moms Program, I’ve received product samples and compensation for my time and efforts in creating this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
4 thoughts on “Kids Spring Fashion Haul Video”
As an influential parenting blogger, I wanted to bring my project to your attention and ask you to share it with readers.
• During visit to Zambia, school children and staff asked about Sandy Hook. They wanted to color in pictures of hippos to send to their peers in America to let them know they cared.
• The hippo image is based on Billy, orphaned hippopotamus raised by Sheila Siddle, co-author of Happy Hippo Billy.
• Would like to give American children and adults same opportunity to use this image as an expression of their concern and care.
• To participate, please visit Happy Hippo Billy (www.happyhippobilly.com) “Sandy Hook” for details and hippo cartoon.
• Help spread the word. Please share on your blog, website, twitter… Forward email to family, friends, schools, Girls & Boys Clubs, after-school programs… Sandy Hook can never have too many friends!
• You are welcome to promote your involvement by posting colored hippos and/or photos with hippos to Happy Hippo Billy Facebook Wall.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.
Hope this isn’t too much of an imposition. Truly appreciate your consideration.
Such a very wonderful game,now use this card game,and invite your friends,you can also play in mobile or PC i am sure you enjoyed play this free spider solitaire games,i have giving the 5 star,then share this game url with all friends,and create the best high score.