What’s your favorite Dr. Seuss book? One of my own faves and my daughters’ favorite is, Dr. Seuss’s “Oh, the Places You’ll Go.” It’s turning 25 years old. Wow!
We are giant Dr. Seuss fans and the kids love dressing up for Dr. Seuss day at school too.
Oh, The Places You’ll Go 25th Anniversary
Random House is hosting a fabulous contest for kids in conjunction with this book – winners will even win a trip to visit Dr. Seuss Land at Universal Orlando which is totally awesome!
This story has a fantastic message about following your dreams and makes the perfect gift for graduations and even new beginnings. I remember when I was graduating high school I received a copy as a gift, and when I was pregnant with Kenzie, she received her very own copy as my best friend gave it to us as a baby shower gift.
When Kenzie was in 1st grade, I actually was able to go in and read this book to her class for Read Across America Day. Total full circle moment!
Dr. Seuss Books on Sale
To celebrate Dr. Seuss month, Walmart is hosting a giant Dr. Seuss sale starting on February 8th to help you stock up your own home Dr. Seuss Library. Both of my kids really learned to read by devouring Dr. Seuss books – the rhyming and silly pictures are so appealing to kids and early readers. Beginner books that normally start at $8.99 will be $5, board books which are normally priced at $4.99 will be $3.50 and The $14.95 Classic titles will be $10.
Dr. Seuss Kids Will Move Mountains Contest Information
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, or Mathematics
- Kids ages 5-18
- Submit an essay on “How they Will Move Mountains” in their select area of STEAM
- Kids, parents and educators will vote on www.kidsmovingmountains.com via a national social media campaign
- Top 10 of the popular social media vote will then be judged in each discipline
- Judges will vote on the final winners
- Judges include a Dr. Seuss Estate Expert, President of the NEA (a former Science teacher), Goodyear Representative
- (1) winner selected from each discipline (total of 5 winners)
- (1) Grand prize winner to receive, in addition to a $10,000 Scholarship Grant:
- Ride on Goodyear Blimp
- Trip to Seuss theme park at Universal Studios, Orlando FL (trip for 4, flights provided by JetBlue)
- (4) winners will receive a $5,000 Scholarship Grant
- March 2, 2015 (Dr. Seuss’s Birthday!): Announce campaign, with coverage on a Major TV Show, with Cat in the Hat publicity appearance and ride on the Goodyear Blimp
- May 2015 (exact date TBD): Media event to announce winners on major TV show Press event and the winner rides on Blimp