Who else has Olympic fever right now??? With my active and athletic family of competitive swimmers and runners, we are basically obsessed watching the Olympics. This week is all about swimming and next week will be all running! This is the perfect time for a viewing party with your family, friends, and teammates! Check out what we did for decorations and some healthy fun snacks from CVS at our Olympic Themed party.
Decorating for an Olympics Themed Party
Decorations are simple and make the atmosphere festive. Think flags, torches and even some fun play medals for the kids!
And let’s not forget about making a batch of cupcakes for a sweet treat. You can top each cupcake off with flags from around the world!
Gluten Free Snacks from CVS Gold Emblem & Abound
With all the time you might spend decorating, you can save time by picking up healthy treats around the corner at your local CVS. My kids are CRAZY about CVS’s Abound line. Their popcorn is to die for!!!!!! And something everybody loves. We went for some light puffy and flavorful goodies for the adults with these Jalepeno Cheddar Quinoa Puffs — also gluten free!
And everybody loves nuts and gummy treats! YUM! I know you’ve heard me rave about these before….but my families absolute personal favorites when it comes to CVS is the BBQ Rice Crisps and these Fuji Clusters. We devour them in one sitting ALWAYS!
We just came from my daughters big swim meet — called Eastern Zones — with all the top age group swimmers from the Eastern US competing together so she is all about watching the US Olympians go for the gold. Look at that pool!!!!
So you can imagine my little fly girl is LOVING watching Michael Phelps go for the gold in his fly events!
And he had redemption in the 200 fly the other night. We loved it and were screaming and cheering at the TV. It was amazing!
CVS Pharmacy App Deals and Extra Care Rewards
Are you an Extra Care member?? If not – sign up right away and opt in to start getting lots of extracare rewards — even via your own email! I’m getting some sweet email reminders now that help me keep on track and let me know I’ve got some FREE bucks to spend in store and when I need to spend them by. I love it!
· ExtraCare Pharmacy & Health Rewards: All ExtraCare members are eligible for this program, but have to opt-in using the below link to start receiving perks:
o Opt-in: https://www.cvs.com/extracare-
o General info: https://www.cvs.com/extracare-
· Personalized email offers: If you opt into receiving email offers through the ExtraCare Rewards program, you’ll receive rewards based on your shopping habits. For example, if you often purchase Lara Bars, you may receive a deal on a similar product like Luna Nutrition Bars. This could easily tie into a post about the healthy foods you buy at CVS, and how you learned about the new brands available via your personalized emails.
· Send offers to card: If you download the CVS Pharmacy app, you can easily send relevant offers to your card. For instance, today I have an offer for $3 off $15 Cashews, Mixed Nuts, Almonds, Pistachios or Peanuts—a perfect tie into a post about picking up your favorite Gold Emblem products!
· Prescription pick up: Easily fill your prescription via the CVS Pharmacy app and get notified when it’s ready! For those times you need to get in and get out under 5 minutes, you can grab your CVS Store Brand cold/flu essentials and prescription without waiting for a refill!
· Shop online via the app: Choose for your essentials online via the CVS Pharmacy app and enjoy free shipping on orders over $49. Or, if you’re looking to see if a particular product is available at your local CVS Pharmacy, the app will check the store inventory for you.
Disclosure: I’m proud to be working with CVS Pharmacy to help spread the word about how to #FindYourHealthy. All opinions expressed are my own, and all product claims or program details shared should be verified at CVS.com or with the appropriate manufacturers.