Step by Step instructions to make Tissue Paper flowers. This craft is easy enough for a 5 year old to do and is a fun springtime activity. A bouquet of multi-colored tissue paper flowers can be used as a centerpiece, in a vase, or even pinned on individually as a corsage for Mom on Mother’s Day.
Super duper easy. The only supplies you’ll need to make this craft are tissue paper, pipe cleaners or “glitter sticks” and a pair of scissors. I used left over tissue paper I had in the home from and some of my stash of sparkling “glitter sticks” also known as pipe cleaners sold at Walmart that we keep on hand since my kids love doing crafts with these twisty sparkling colorful pipe cleaners.
How to Make Tissue Paper Flowers
Here are step by step instructions with photos to help you get the flow of how to make a flower out of tissue paper. Note: There is no right or wrong way to make these as far as sizing goes so don’t worry about being too specific, I just lay out some measurements to give you a general idea.
1. Grab a stack of tissue paper approximately 6-10 sheets high. Cut a rectangle approximately 6 inches by 4 inches. To make your bouquet more dynamic, use varied dimensions for each flower you create.
2. Fold your stack of tissue paper “Accordian Style” like this shown below. Basically about 10 folds of about 1-2 cm each.
3. When the “accordian” is folded and held together, grab your scissors and round off the edges of both ends of your Tissue Paper stack. These will give your “petals” a rounded edge.
4. Grab a pipe cleaner and twist it around the center of your Tissue Paper stack to form your stem. The pipe cleaner will hold your flower together and you’ll build the bloom upwards from the center of this pipe cleaner.
5. Slowly pull each individual tissue paper up from the outside of the petal towards the center of the pipe cleaner. Separate each layer and pull it up towards the center to “puff” it into flower formation.
6. As you puff, imagine you are building a carnation or hydrangea. There are no real mistakes. The randomness or slight tears as you pull up will make the flower look more natural too, so don’t worry if it doesn’t look perfect.
7. Once your flower is complete, repeat the process for as many flowers as you would like. You can also make GIGANTIC flowers that are fun to hang off lights or from the ceiling if you are throwing a party.
8. Place your flowers in a vase, teacup, or even a homemade “yogurt” cup decorated to look like a vase by glueing on tissue paper or wrapping paper. Here’s a few cute examples from our collection.
My kids love helping too!
19 thoughts on “Spring Craft: How To Make Tissue Paper Flowers”
Hello! Quick question that’s entirely off topic. Do you know how to
make your site mobile friendly? My website looks
weird when viewing from my iphone4. I’m trying to find a theme or plugin that might be able
to correct this problem. If you have any recommendations,
please share. Many thanks!
Howdy! This is my first visit to your blog!
We are a team of volunteers and starting a new initiative in a
community in the same niche. Your blog provided us valuable information to work on. You have done a wonderful job!
I wish to point out my affection for your generosity for folks
that absolutely need help on this question. Your very own commitment
to passing the message around came to be astonishingly advantageous and
has specifically encouraged women just like me to achieve their desired goals.
The interesting tutorial can mean this much a person like me and a whole lot more to my mates.
Best wishes; from each one of us.
The web has truly changed the way we communicate and made it far easier to stay informed about the lives of our loved ones.
A VPN creates an encrypted connection to a third-party server, and all your Internet traffic is routed through that server.
Make certain that the payment gateway you are making use of, permits similar languages
as the remaining of the web pages so that they can match well together.
No live wallpapers, widgets, home screens, lock screens.
The database seems to be incomplete (several restaurants near
my office don’t show up) and the map function is a little confused about which side
of the street businesses are on. Another very crucial area to
secure is IP networks and telephony and here business
owners are forced to provide network level security.
There are literally hundreds of thousands of so-called SEO gurus
and service providers to ensure a high score for
your website in just a few months. There are a plethora of
services that Indian SEO companies offer. If your website is
visited often, your content read and recommended, then your half job in e-business is done.
Everything is very open with a clear clarification of the issues.
It was truly informative. Your website is extremely
helpful. Many thanks for sharing!
Thanks for finally writing about >Spring Craft: How To Make Tissue Paper Flowers – Classy Mommy