Did you know that March 8th is International Women’s Day and March is Women’s History Month? In honor of In honor of International Women’s Day and Women’s History Month Walmart is featuring 10,000 “women owned” items online and in store. In store, they are highlighting 6 different items manufactured by women owned companies too. Walmart is going to source $20B from women owned companies by the year 2017 too! Awesome!
You can check out Walmart’s Women Owned online items and information here: walmart.com/womenowned
Items Manufactured by Women Owned Companies sold at Walmart
- Milo’s Sweet Tea (Family business, all natural ingredients)
- Budget Saver Popsicles
- CLR Remover (chemicals safe for the environment)
- Smart & Sexy Bra (CEO is mother of 7)
- Carter’s Infant Shoes
- Hefty Trashcan
Statistics about Women Owned Companies
- A women-owned company is a company that is at least 51% owned by women and also ran by a woman!
- Women-owned businesses contribute over $1.3 trillion dollars to the US economy
- Women are responsible for over 80 percent of the consumer decisions globally
- Creating awareness of these products can result in sales growth, increased consumer knowledge and loyalty
- The majority of our 250 billion customers globally are women