It’s nearly time to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day! My kids love all kinds of Leprechaun fun so I’m always looking for creative crafts, treats, and tricks to share in March. I adore this easy to make sweet treat. Check out the Best Leprechaun Bark Recipe for St Patrick’s Day that’s super easy to make once you purchase all the colorful ingredients.
My extended family always hosts a big St. Patty’s Day celebration every year since my grandmother and grandfather both sailed to America from Ireland to find their fortunes in the “Land of Opportunity”in the late 1920’s. This is a sweet party treat to serve when entertaining in March.
Best Leprechaun Bark Recipe for St Patrick’s Day
Yum! Take a peek at these easy instructions for our Leprechaun Bark recipe to celebrate St. Patty’s day with your crew.
12 oz bag Wilton dark cocoa candy melts
5-6 Air Heads Xtreme rainbow sour strips
1/2 cup mini marshmallows
1/2 cup mint M&M’s candies
multi-colored confetti sprinkles
gold ball sprinkles
1. Line a 10 x 15 baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Add the dark cocoa candy melts to a double boiler pan, under low/medium heat. Stir occasionally until melted and smooth.
3. Pour the melted chocolate on to the parchment-lined baking pan and smooth out evenly with a rubber spatula.
4. Lay the rainbow pieces randomly on top of the bark, going different directions. Add the mini marshmallows and green M&M’s candies on top. Lastly, sprinkle the multi-colored confetti and gold balls all over the chocolate. You will have to sprinkle rather quickly as the bark begins to harden within 5 minutes.
5. Chill for 1 hour to allow the bark to completely harden.
6. Once chilled, break into pieces and serve. HAPPY ST. PATRICK’S DAY!
Yields: 10 X 15 pan
*Best if stored in an airtight container for up to two weeks.