If you sail on a Disney Cruise, we encourage you to absolutely take advantage of participating in the Castaway Cay 5K. Check out our Video Review of the Disney Cruise Castaway Cay 5K. This a FREE fun RunDisney event for all levels as you can run, jog or even walk the 5K to kick off your day on Castaway Cay. You’ll be the 1st ones off the boat, there is no fee to enter, and you’ll get a fantastic Run Disney medal when you cross the finish line. Plus, you’ll have no guilt basking in the sun, sea and sand all day after running a 5K that morning! Yay!
Video Review of the Disney Cruise Castaway Cay 5K
FAQ’s and Tips for the Castaway Cay 5K
Honestly, we don’t need to share to many tips because Disney Cruise Line makes it BEYOND simple and easy for everyone to participate if interested, but here are some tips and answers to common questions I get messaged when people see our videos and photos about the 5K.
1. It’s FREE to run, but since the race has gotten so popular they encourage you to register while on board the ship at the Port Adventures desk. They’ll mark you down as signed up and give you a little ticket to take with you the morning of the 5K
2. If you run the 5K you’ll meet at a designated lounge on the ship at about 8:00 or 8:15 to pick up your race numbers and review instructions about the race course. Once they get notified that the ship is docked and we are cleared to depart, the runners and walkers for the 5K will be the very first passengers to disembark the ship for Castaway Cay. Hooray!
3. You must be 10+ to participate. Everyone gets a sweet medal at the end.
4. If you have kiddos under age 10 or a child who does NOT want to participate, they can go to Scuttle’s Cove – the kids club on the island. After you disembark the ship you will all walk together as a group to the start of the 5k and the group makes a pitstop at Scuttle’s Cove to drop off any children who will need this childcare. My kids were skeptical but the 2 x we ran the 5K, they had a total blast playing games in the sand at Scuttle’s Cove and loved it.
5. It’s the Caribbean so it will be a HOT and likely HUMID run. So drink plenty of water the night before and after your race. There is also water stops on the course if you need it.
6. Have Fun!!!!!!!
7. We always bring our bathing suits, flip flops and our beach gear when we disembark the boat. This way we can get a bright and early start to our day on Castaway Cay without needing to waste time going back and forth from island to boat and so on.
Photos from the Castaway Cay 5K
Note: Our family was invited to attend the Disney Social Media Moms Celebration and conference event. We sailed on the Disney Cruise as part of our experience. As always all thoughts and opinions are our own.
2 thoughts on “Video Review of the Disney Cruise Castaway Cay 5K #DisneySMMC #RunDisney”
looks like this year there are a lot of running events. I’m also training for a marathon and this article is super inspiring. I run with SportMe runner app, which calculates distance, pace, time and calories and adjusts running plans to my progress.
Spider is usually played with two standard decks in cards, It is more difficult that way. Extra pack of card is required to make up the numbers.This spider makes very easier.