WOW! I think my latest baking experiment resulted in the World’s Best Mint Chocolate Chip Gluten Free Brownies. Truly. These brownies tasted DIVINE and you’d never know they were gluten free. Cake like fabulousness wrapped in mint chocolate flavor. YUM. YUM. YUM.
We video taped the entire process for a HOW TO VIDEO. You can watch our video and read the recipe below for exact instructions to make what we have since named the World’s Best Mint Chocolate Chip Gluten Free Brownies.
We used all household ingredients I had in my own panty along with adding in bits of Andes mint chips as shown below in our directions and video.
They turned out incredible and we’re calling our first Classy Mommy Ginger Warrior collaboration a big success.
World’s Best Mint Chocolate Chip Gluten Free Brownies
My Scottish friend Ceri, whom I met 17 years ago when studying abroad, visited this weekend. She is a fabulous baker and blogger at THE GINGER WARRIOR. She has never tried making any GLUTEN FREE baked goods. In honor of Kyle’s Celiac disease, we decided to make gluten free brownies from from SCRATCH.
Here’s the video scoop and our recipe of the World’s Best Mint Chocolate Chip Gluten Free Brownies and our HOW TO VIDEO. Enjoy!
The kids were giant helpers and Kenzie and her Aunt Ceri bonded as Kenzie stirred, melted and led the way with Ceri’s tips on our baking adventure.
World’s Best Mint Chocolate Chip Gluten Free Brownies Recipe
We wanted mint chocolate chip brownies made from scratch so we found a Martha Stewart gluten free chocolate pecan brownie recipe that we altered with adding more chocolate chips and creme de menthe baking chips, while ditching the pecans.
- 6 tablespoons butter (unsalted)
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup Hershey’s unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 bag of semisweet chocolate chips (9 oz)
- 1/2 bag of Andes Creme de Menthe Baking chips or Mint Chocolate Chips (approximately 6 oz)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
1. Preheat oven to 350. Spray 9 x 13 inch pan with non-stick spray.
2. Mix corn starch, cocoa, cinnamon, and salt in a mixing bowl. Save for later.
3. Using another mixing bowl, melt butter and some of your chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir mixture vigorously and then add more chocolate chips. Repeat this process by melting the chocolate in the microwave again and again until almost all chocolate is melted and totally smooth.
NOTE: Save a handful of your mint chips and semi-sweet chocolate chips to add to your final mixture at the very end
4.Add sugar and vanilla
5. Add eggs and combine and stir all ingredients.
6. Finally, add you dry ingredients that included the cornstarch as the last step and fully combine entire mixture together.
7. Remember those chocolate chips you saved for later??? Before adding the mixture to your brownie pan, add in the remaining semi-sweet chocolate chips and Andes creme de menthe chips so you have some whole unmelted chocolate chips in your mix.
8.Add to brownie pan.
9. Bake 35 minutes on the lower shelf in your Convection oven. Brownies.
Check them out! We all LOVED them. Totally delicious and GLUTEN FREE. Perfection.