Check out our yummy sausage lasagne recipe using Johnsonville® sausage we’re sharing as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars. As always, all thoughts and opinions are our own.
Looking for a protein swap with your classic Italian family meals like Penne Pasta, Spaghetti, or Lasagna typically made with meatballs or ground beef? Think about using Johnsonville Sausage!
Keeping ground or links of Johnsonville sausage in my freezer is a great way for me to spice up meals beyond the usual! Especially chopping up the links and throwing them in with penne pasta!
If you haven’t ever done it, try swapping out your typical meatballs or ground beef with Johnsonville® Italian Sausage . You can use the ground sauasage or thinly slice up the mini links. Johnsonville® Italian Sausage has built-in seasonings that instantly deliver zing and spice to your classic meals. I love to expose the kids to new tastes and this is a sneaky and simple way to do it in meals they already love! Plus my husband appreciates me mixes things up too!
Tip: We use the “Mild” varieties of sausage since these are more appealing to the children!
Try our sausage lasagne recipe to mix things up a bit.
Sausage Lasagne Recipe
1 28 oz. can of Crushed Tomatoes
1 12 oz. can of Tomato Paste with Basil, Garlic and Oregano
2 cups water
1 16 oz. box of lasagna noodles
1 lb. Johnsonville® Italian Sausage (ground sausage or links chopped up thinly)
½ cup diced onion
1 16 oz. container of part skim ricotta cheese
1 8 oz. container of grated parmesan cheese
1 16 oz. package of shredded mozzarella cheese (about 4 cups)
1 Tbsp. parsley
2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. sugar
½ tsp. pepper
Italian Seasoning (use to taste)
1. Boil lasagna noodles as directed on package.
2. Brown ground sausage or thinly sliced links. Add the diced onion toward the end of browning.
3. In a pot, combine the water, crushed tomatoes and tomato paste over medium low heat. Add the fully browned sausage and onion to this mixture along with additional seasonings – the parsley, salt, sugar and pepper. Allow some time for this to heat and simmer while your noodles are boiling. Add a splash of Italian Seasoning for an extra kick.
4. In a lasagna dish or 13X9 glass baking dish, add one cup of the meat sauce to the bottom. Next, add a layer of 3 lasagna noodles. On top of that, cover with another cup of sauce and half of your ricotta cheese container. Sprinkle this layer with shredded mozzarella and parmesan cheeses. Repeat with 3 more noodles, sauce, the other half of the ricotta and mozzarella and parmesan. To finish it off, add one more layer of 3 noodles, sauce and the mozzarella and parmesan. If you have some Italian seasoning, a generous sprinkling of this would go great on top too.
5. Bake for 45 minutes uncovered in a 375 degree oven.
ENJOY! Serve with bread and salad for a fantastic family meal!
More Product info about Johnsonville Italian Sausage
Love that I can understand the label and feel good about serving this to my family too.