A saying that I heard while visiting Generations by Karisma resort in Riviera Maya: You MAKE a family at El Dorado Casitas Royale and then you travel WITH your family to Generations. Here’s 5 Reasons Why You Can combine Romance and Kids at the Generations Resort in Mexico.
After my trip, I can totally see the truth in this statement. The Casitas is an adults-only resort full of romance and relaxation. Generations, located directly beside the Casitas, is a brand-new resort focusing on luxury family vacations. Not many family vacations give you fun and romance, so that’s why I find this place so special. So why compromise on your dream vacation. Here’s how you can have it all…
5 Reasons Why You Can combine Romance and Kids at the Generations Resort in Mexico
1. 24/7 childcare services (no extra fee) for kids ages 4-12. You can ask for childcare in your room or take your kids to the Eko Center during the day to enjoy a lot of fun toys and activities. For kids ages 0-3, there is a $30/hr charge for babysitting. I also liked that no wristbands are needed to keep track of the parents. The resort is still able to contact you quickly if any questions arise.
2. Romance is still alive! Generations is mainly a family resort, but it also celebrates romance. There’s no need to sacrifice alone time for family fun. This resort is connected to two amazing adult-only resorts that you can enjoy at no extra charge. Spend some family time in the pool and then walk over to enjoy sunbathing without any distractions.
3. Activities for all ages. Get the entire family involved with events all day long. The staff is so friendly and has a way of getting everyone moving. I spent most of my early evenings at this resort playing volleyball. Both adults and kids can enjoy playing the game or sitting on the sidelines cheering for their family members.
4. “Kids are treated like adults here.” One of my favorite staff members told me that while I was visiting. He said that if a kid asks for a coke, he gets a coke. In fact, let your kids rule the pool in these mini lounge chairs.
5. Eko Kids is unlike any other childcare center. Focused on green activities, your kids will create eco-friendly crafts, learn how to make fresh guacamole, and enjoy movie night parties. I found every staff member to be extremely welcoming and full of fun.
Side note…kids of all ages will enjoy Generations. However, if you’re trying to keep teenagers happy in your household, another really great option is Azul Fives Hotel, by Karisma. You’ll find the same amazing experience, but the activities tend to focus on older ages, including a Teen Club. Good luck deciding. Happy travels!
Thanks to Theresa Rodriguez for providing a few of these great photos for me!
Karisma paid for my travel and accommodations. As always, all opinions are my own.