Ugh! It’s flu season and supposedly it might be the worst season we’ve had in a decade. Hard to believe as I remember how horrible it was when H1N1 Swine Flu hit in 2009. I’m hoping we will be spared or that the bugs we all had during the holidays were some variation of the flu even though we had all been immunized. Kyle started out with fever and sore throat virus that landed him with pneumonia a few days later which is very common post-flu. Pneumonia is a nightmare and can be deadly. Luckily, Kyle is doing well but seriously he had a fever for almost 14 days. Insane!
Best case scenario is avoiding getting sick at all!
Here are my tips to prevent the flu and winter illness:
1. Hand Sanitizer. Keep it everywhere and make it part of your ritual after trips to the store and/or as soon as you pick your kids up from school
2. Rest, rest and more rest. Don’t get overtired or rundown
3. Keep your liquid intake up.
4. Drink Emergen-C to boost that immune system with high doses of Vitamin C and other important vitamins.
5. Get your flu shot. Really, these immunizations are SO important at preventing epidemics. And they say the dominant flu strain this year is included in the shot which is readily available. If you haven’t gotten a shot yet, add that to you To Do List.
Ideally, you can prevent the flu in the first place but sometimes it is going to hit. When the cough starts, Zarbee’s Cough Syrup and Zarbee’s Nighttime Cough Syrup is a great safe choice for children 12 months and older.
Zarbee’s products are natural, safe and effective remedies that will soothing comfort that kids and adults need from irritated throats and coughs. Zarbee’s is 100% drug, alcohol and medicine free, so parents can feel completely safe about giving Zarbee’s to their children. 40,000 doctors recommend Zarbee’s products nationwide.