Hot news! Read on for news about Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts and New Diagon Alley Images.
We’ve got the inside scoop with details and photos on the big news released today about the upcoming Diagon Alley expansion at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. As expected, Universal will be bringing the magnificent world of Harry Potter to life with incredible attention to detail. Below we’ve got all the details on this very exciting upcoming expansion.
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley will be located within Universal Orlando’s second theme park, Universal Studios, and will create new experiences based on the signature areas of London, Diagon Alley and Knockturn Alley. (Admission to both parks will be required as Wizarding World Hogsmeade is currently located in Islands of Adventure)
Here’s an image from today’s live webcast:
Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts and New Diagon Alley Images
Harry Potter fans are full of anticipation with all these new revelations. Just like in the books and movies, guests will now be able to board the Hogwarts Express train to back and forth from the Hogsmeade Station at Islands of Adventure to the Kings Cross Station in London, Diagon Alley at Universal Studios.
They showed live images during our webcast of the INSIDE of the Hogwarts Express. It looked unbelievably realistic – the actress from the film said she felt like it seemed even MORE real than when she filmed on the Hogwarts Express train during the movie. So exciting!
As the train arrives in Kings Cross station, guests will see scenes from London before they are immersed into “Diagon Alley”.
The new park expansion will also include a brand new ride, Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts along with themed shops and restaurants in Diagon Alley and Knockturn Alley. Also, fabulous news in that Honeydukes, the ultimate candy shop at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, will be expanding in Hogsmeade and merchandise from Zonkos will be at Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes located in the new Diagon Alley.
I’m dying to ride Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts as I imagine this will be one of the best attractions ever to hit a theme park. Like many other guests, my family and I were FLOORED by Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey attraction and Universal says this will be a multi-dimensional thrill ride as the attraction will place riders on an adventure that has them navigating the perils of the Gringotts Vaults!
My kids are wild about playing Harry Potter at home so we’ll be loving the chance to buy Diagon Alley and Gringotts inspired merchandise for their magical adventures happening right here in Pennsylvania 🙂 Maybe they will even sell pretend keys to Gringotts Vaults – that is definitely something Kenzie aka Hermione and Kyle aka my Harry Potter, would obsess over.
Guests will be able to shop for the Dark Arts at Borgin and Burkes at Knockturn Alley too. Spooky!
Official Details from the Diagon Alley Press Release
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley will give visitors the exciting opportunity to:
• Board the Hogwarts Express and journey between London’s King’s Cross Station (located in Universal Studios Florida) and Hogsmeade Station (located in Universal’s Islands of Adventure). The journey will be filled with views of London and the British countryside – as well as a few surprises. Park-to-park admission is required.
• Experience a groundbreaking new, multi-dimensional thrill ride, Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts, which will place riders in the middle of an incredible adventure as they navigate their way through the perils of the Gringotts vaults
• Witness the magical experience of a wand choosing a wizard at Ollivanders: Makers of Fine Wands since 382 BC, one of the wizarding world’s premier wand shops
• Discover the darker side of magic in Knockturn Alley, the darkest of dark places that features Borgin and Burkes – a shop specializing in the Dark Arts that will offer a wide variety of Dark objects, such as Death Eater masks, skulls, and other sinister items
Details on the Shops at Diagon Alley
o Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes: A vibrant shop featuring novelty items, magical jokes, and toysinspired by the books and films that will amaze the mischievous child in everyone
o Madam Malkin’s Robes for All Occasions: Where guests will find a variety of wizardwear from Hogwarts school uniform ties, scarves and jumpers, to authentic wizard’s robes and character costumes
o Magical Menagerie: Featuring a collection of plush animals, such as owls and Hippogriffs
o Wiseacre’s Wizarding Equipment: Guests can grab wizarding essentials such as telescopes,binoculars, armillary spheres, compasses, magnifying glasses and hourglasses
o Quality Quidditch Supplies: Offering a wide assortment of apparel and equipment including Quidditch sweaters, brooms, Golden Snitches, Bludgers, Bludger bats, Quaffles and more
o Scribbulus: Featuring authentic writing implements and products such as feather quills, ink and inkwells, bookmarks, journals, parchment paper, seals, stationery sets and postcards
• Leaky Cauldron: Enjoy traditional British fare that includes favorite dishes such as fish and chips, bangers and mash and more a
• Florean Fortescue’s Ice-Cream Parlour: Frozen treats in a variety of tantalizing and unique flavors such as strawberry-and-peanut-butter ice-cream and many others
Listening in to the live webcast this morning was fantastic and I can’t wait to share this buzz with my kids when they get home from school this afternoon.
More details on the expansion of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley will be released this year with a planned opening for SUMMER 2014.
For more information: Visit www.universalorlando.com/harrypotter