Talk about magic!
Disney thrilled tourists and New Yorkers today with a fantastical display of Ice Sculptures, Character greetings, live music and Mickey Mouse balloons galore.
The festivities were in celebration of Disney Park’s announcement of their 2013 Limited Time Magic specials planned for guests. (I listed a few of these below – total pixie dust happening at Disney!)
I went to the press conference to get the scoop and experience the Disney Magic. It was spectacular as Disney never fails to entertain.
The ice sculptures were magnificent and truly “limited time magic” as they were melting by 12 noon today – so happy I got to enjoy them. This ice castle was carved from 45,000 lbs of ice! Crazy!!!!
I made magical memories in Times Square with many of my blogger friends – meeting Merida from Brave, hugging Minnie Mouse, and dancing with Goofy & Pluto. The Dapper Dans – those singing chaps from Main Street also entertained us all with their renditions of classic Boy Band Tunes – something they’ll be doing in 2013 for some extra Limited Time Magic!
Wer’re all dying to visit New Fantasyland later this year – the grand opening is on December 6th – so exciting. During our press conference today, Disney shared research with us about what family vacations mean to people. Fascinating info. Vacations are truly so much more than just the experience you have on vacation – it’s also about the emotional benefits and family bonding that are truly life lasting post vacation.
And this Limited Time Magic offers 52 weeks of unique surprises and extra pixie dust for Disney’s guests – one more way to truly help families bond and make even more magical memories together. Here’s just a few examples of the magic surprises that will be in store for visitors – the pirate party sounds AMAZING – doesn’t it?
Here’s a sampling of Limited Time Magic in store for guests in 2013 — for a limited time only:
- True Love: Celebrate romance and enchantment throughout Valentine’s Week with special moments and entertainment geared to lovebirds. Guests can celebrate their Valentine as Magic Kingdom and Disneyland turn up the romance, complete with their iconic castles bathed in hues of red and pink. Disney Princes join their Princesses to meet park guests in special settings, prix fixe menus turn up at select restaurants and Valentine collectibles will be offered for the week.
- Independence Week: It’s red, white and blue as Disney Parks salutes America with a 4th of July Fireworks Party — for an entire week, with patriotic lighting bathing the Disney castles on both coasts. Mickey Mouse appears in his patriotic finest and guests will find special USA shirts, Ear Hats andother limited-edition souvenirs.
- During “Long Lost Friends Week,” lesser-known Disney characters will move from the shadows to the spotlight with meet-and-greets on both coasts. Photo opps with characters that could include Flik, Clarabelle Cow, Remy, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum will surprise and delight guests. And Disney guests will even have the chance to vote online for which characters they want to see.
- Pirate Week: Why talk like a pirate one day when you could celebrate these scalawags all week long? The adventures of Jack Sparrow come to life like never before during a bicoastal buccaneer bash in which Disneyland and Walt Disney World become pirate-palooza: pirate bands, pirate meet-and-greets and more.
- Dapper Dans Sing Boy Bands: Dapper Dans, the iconic quartet from Main Street, U.S.A., will add a special finale to their show, claiming the title of the “Original Boy Band” and delivering a medley of hits from One Direction, *NSYNC and the Backstreet Boys.
- Unleash the Villains: A Friday the 13th in 2013 is a special day, so Disneyland and Disney Hollywood Studios are staying open until the 13th Hour (1 a.m.). Maleficent, Capt. Hook, Jafar and other Disney villains host a dance party, complete with limited-edition collectibles and nighttime mischief on Sept. 13.