Wow! Disney Consumer Products unveiled more than 130 toys inspired by TV shows on Disney Junior . My favorites are the new toys inspired by Jake & The Neverland Pirates. My kids fell in love with that show when it was released in 2011 and their love for Jake and all things pirate runs VERY deep in our house. I can’t wait for the kids to enjoy this cool stuff – my 4 year old son will be especially excited to get his hands on this swashbuckling pirate ship that rocks, rolls, and even sprays water from Fisher Price $44.99.
The event was quite the place to see and be seen as Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse were joined by special guests Sharon Osbourne and David Arquette, voices of Mama Hook and Skully on Jake and the Never Land Pirates, to treat the toy and entertainment industry audience to a fun talent show previewing new toys and upcoming content inspired by Jake and the Never Land Pirates, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Minnie’s Bow-Toons, and Doc McStuffins, a new animated series set to debut on Disney Junior next month about a six-year-old girl who heals toys and stuffed animals out of her backyard clinic. Here’s the 6 year old “Doc” as a doll from Just Play – she’ll be available for Holiday 2012 at $34.99.
More Mickey Mouse Club House inspired toys
As far as more highlights go … this is straight from Disney Consumer Products press release about the Disney Junior toy launch:
Key toys from the new Disney Junior toy line include:
Jake and the Never Land Pirates— A breakout hit, Jake and the Never Land Pirates ranked as 2011′s #1 cable TV series for boys 2-5, a spot it continues to hold, generating strong consumer demand for a merchandise line that allows fans to take home their favorite characters. A brand new toy line releasing in June will feature plush, role play and accessories from Just Play and action-oriented play sets and figures from Fisher Price, including:
- Jake’s Pirate Ship (MSRP $44.99, national retailers, June 2012)— Designed after Bucky, Jake’s ship featured in the series, this swashbuckling pirate ship rocks and rolls when pushed along a surface, with Skully smartly perched on the lookout. Kids can join Jake and his crew to live a pirate’s life through multiple pirate-themed phrases and songs. To really bring the adventure home, kids can fire water out of the cannon or stage a surprise croc attack.
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse —A viewer favorite, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse delivered last year’s #1 preschool telecast for kids 2-5 and inspired an imaginative toy line of space-themed play sets and figures. This year, Fisher Price has developed a new line featuring fun and interactive play sets, figures and vehicles inspired by the upcoming Mickey Mouse Clubhouse special, Mickey and Donald Have a Farm, premiering this fall. Mickey Mouse will also move like never before with a new feature plush. Key toys releasing in 2012 include:
- Mickey’s Farm Play Set (MSRP $44.99, national retailers, Aug. 2012)— Kids can create their own fun farm stories with Mickey Mouse and his friends with this new play set that features realistic animal sounds and fun farm music. Character figures and animals can go for a spin on the dance floor, and a silly hand moves between the silo and windmill.
- Master Moves Mickey (MSRP $69.99, national retailers, Aug. 2012)—Decked out in his freshest dance gear and ready to get down, Master Moves Mickey dances and interacts, showing off some never-before-seen break-dance moves, ending in a signature handstand. His moves are hotter and hipper than ever! Master Moves Mickey features original music tracks, funky beats and plenty of awesome humor to get the whole family up and dancing.
Minnie’s Bow-Toons —Based on a popular episode of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, this new series of shorts finds Minnie and her good friend Daisy Duck running Minnie’s Bow-Tique, a specialty shop which stocks only bows and bowties. Highlighting the themes of friendship, fashion and travel, DCP will introduce an adorable pink and polka-dotted line of Minnie Mouse toys including kitchen and fashion-themed role play from Just Play and dolls and accessories from Fisher Price.
- Minnie’s Kitchen (MSRP $74.99, national retailers, Aug. 2012) – This colorful, multi-level play set has everything girls need to cook up their own kitchen adventures. Featuring multiple ‘flipping’ functions to maximize the play experience and creativity in the kitchen, the set includes a sink that flips to a hidden cutting board and dish rack that flips to a hidden blender. Girls can cook up their own treats with a frying pan to flip a Minnie-shaped pancake and flipping recipe book for inspiring new ideas. The kitchen includes Minnie’s voice and realistic kitchen sounds.
Doc McStuffins – Debuting next month, this imaginative animated series features six-year-old Doc McStuffins, who communicates with and heals stuffed animals and toys out of her backyard playhouse clinic. Little girls can nurture their own toys with a fun new assortment of products from Just Play, including:
- “Time for Your Check Up” Doc Doll with Lambie (MSRP $34.99, national retailers, Aug. 2012) – Girls can bring home their new friend and sing along to the entire ‘check-up’ song with Doc as they nurture their own toys. Doc comes to life, speaking more than 10 phrases and can bring her friend Lambie to life with the touch of her stethoscope, which activates with lights and sounds.